Developed specifically for use in drainage systems, our individually designed vortex flow controls offer an effective solution to your storm water management problems. Each unit is configured to suit the site and to fit easily into the drainage infrastructure. Our vortex flow controls are currently in use throughout the U.K.
Vortex flow controls do not rely on external power supplies or moving parts. An internal vortex, generated by the incoming water, controls the through flow. The unique flow characteristic of the flow control ensures optimum use of upstream storage while the large cross sectional areas greatly reduce the risk of blockage.
• Self activating.
• No moving parts to wear or replace.
• No power supply required.
• Robust stainless steel construction.
We require the following basic information to specify a Vortex Flow Control for you.
• The Design Flow – Maximum Discharge
• The Design Head – The head figure is calculated by the top water level within the storage – invert level of outgoing pipe (see below guides)
• Type of drainage – Surface or Foul
• Outlet pipe size in mm (e.g. 150mm dia.)