Twin Wall drainage pipe is made from HDPE plastic and is available from 100mm to 3000mm diameters. Manufactured by a twin extrusion process in which two layers are simultaneously extruded, one inside the other and heat welded together in one continuous process. The outer wall is corrugated providing excellent structural strength which reduces the possibility of on-site damage. The inner wall has a smooth seamless finish to assist hydraulic flow. This design, unlike traditional single-wall pipe prevents silt accumulation.
Benefits of Twin Wall include:
- Lightweight 6 metre long lengths
- Strong (Twin Walled & corrugated)
- Smooth inner wall for increased flow capacity
- Resistant to naturally occuring chemicals
- Can be installed at depths from 0.5 to 10 metres
- BBA and HAPAS Roads & Bridges Agrément Certificate No. 02/H069
- Reduced plant & labour costs
- Faster installation as 6 metre lengths mean fewer joints
- Elimination of waste compared to traditional pipe
- Pipe is easily cut to size requirements on site
- A full range of bends of all angles & both equal & unequal junctions are also available
Alongside the Twin Wall pipes, alternative structured wall pipes are available such as Aquaspira and Assett Weholite pipe systems which are available from 600mm up to 4000mm diameter and can also be used for stormwater attenuation, landfill, sea/river outfalls and large diameter catchpits.